Mohammad Shakil Mahmud
Head and Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering at a Glance
The CSE department is enriched with a highly qualified faculty with Ph.D. and Masters Degree holders from reputed universities of Bangladesh and abroad. At present, the department has 9 full-time faculty members with degrees from BUET, DUET, DU, JU, EWU, Foreign Degrees (Australia, Malaysia) and other reputed universities from home and abroad.
The main objectives of the CSE Department are:
- To produce IT leaders who will be equipped with the basic skills of functional areas of computer science and engineering.
- To produce IT leaders who will be creative and innovative in strategic planning and implementation and able to successfully develop organizations in the latest global IT environment.
- To produce IT leaders who will be competent in applying information technology to enhance organizational performance.
- To produce ethical IT leaders who will be imbued with high integrity, moral values and professionalism.
- To produce graduates who will be academically competent and able to disseminate knowledge and conduct research in the field of information technology.
- To be able to use a range of programming languages and tools to develop computer programs and systems that are effective solutions to problems.
- To be able to understand, design, and analyze precise specifications of algorithms, procedures, and interaction behavior.
- To be able to apply mathematics, logic, and statistics to the design, development, and analysis of software systems.
- To be able to equip with a range of fundamental principles of Computer Science that will provide the basis for future learning and enable them to adapt to the constant rapid development of the field.
- To be able to build software and embedded systems with the experience of working in teams.
- Bachelor in Science( Engineering) in Computer Science and Engineering(CSE) for Regular Students
- Bachelor in Science( Engineering) in Computer Science and Engineering(CSE) for Diploma Students
- Spring( January- June)
- Fall( July- December)
Medium of Instruction: English
AWARDS, SCHOLARSHIPS AND FREE-STUDENTSHIP:
The following awards, scholarships and free-studentship are available at AUB.
- Fee waiver for students securing A+ (GPA-5) at the H.S.C lever for the first semester.
- Scholarships for high achievers and needy students.
Students are involved in the following activities:
- Academic Programs (debate, seminar, workshop, programming contest, symposium, poster presentation etc.)
- Moral Uplifting Events
- Community services
- Sports and games
- Study tour, Picnic